Since my time at the cattle station I’ve become really interested in make-it-yourself – and I suppose I’ve always been a bit of a greenie, too. I never really realised how easy it is though; l even if you’re only a little organised getting a half-decent homecooked meal on the table or making your own laundry detergent isn’t all that hard.
So here is what I will be making this week (because if everything goes according to plan I shall be organised this week):
I got homemade chips down to an art, even in the world’s worst oven:
- Clean or peal potatoes
- Cut them about a centimeter wide (if you make carrot chips instead or mix them in with the potatoes make sure they are twice as thick otherwise they will burn)
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and salt to taste (or sometimes cajun spices or whatever takes your fancy)
- Line oven tray with baking paper and spread potatoes out
- Bake for approximately 30 min. on 180 degrees
- For a full meal get some chicken wings and chuck them in the oven too!
– – –